Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Explain to me again why the Phillies can't win because of their park?

Look here, I thought I'd settled this before. But here we go again. Good grief! I'm starting to realize that no one reads this blog, at least no one who writes for the paper. Alas.

The Phillies have a winning record at home. They have a losing record on the road. How do we then reach the conclusion that it's the Phillies' home park that's at fault? I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!

The next time I read an article which reads "Citizens' Bank Park won the game yesterday when it stood up to bat with one on in the bottom of the tenth and hit a bomb to win by one" will be the first.

Parks don't win games, players win games. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

1 Comments:

At 3:02 AM, Anonymous Tom Durso said...

I hear what you're saying, pk, but I think the thinking is that they have to play half their games on the road, where better pitching will come into play since the parks aren't as hitter-friendly. And with free-agent pitchers scared off by CBP's dimensions, that could be a problem.

Though I do wish they'd just suck it up and play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home