Friday, March 31, 2006

The things you learn...

I was not aware of this, but apparently I am partners, presumably with gr. I also apparently am living in Arlington, VA.

Furthermore, a comment I had made referring to Rob's erroneous understand of baseball history has been deleted.

Not that it's a big deal, but my deleted post directed Rob's attention to something he claimed was a fact, but wasn't. Rather than answer my criticism, he has chosen to ignore it, deleting any reference to my disputing his understanding of history. Well, that's all right. It's his blog, after all. Maybe I was too hard on him in the manner in which I called him out?

The last thing I have to say on the matter is this: Any observations made by someone who:

1) does not bother to check to see if the things he says are actually true,

2) assumes knowledge that he cannot possibly have,

3) attempts to poison the well by stating "Sabermetrics precision and attention to detail may not be your calling," rather than actually address any points I make or attempt to correct any errors I illustrate (I remind you that I am a CPA, and passingly familiar with attention to detail), and

4) deletes comments which challenge his understanding of history,

well, as I tried to explain to Rob, such a person is undermining his own credibility, and his observations cannot be taken seriously.

5 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger MrPhillySucks said...

That is funny. He is going delete any comments you make. What a dope.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I don't get what youd did?

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Pawnking said...

fp, the post he deleted merely included some links which refuted his understanding of baseball (specifically Red Sox) history, and told him that when he stated things that weren't true and didn't try to debate with people who argued with him, he undermined his own credibility.

Maybe I was too hard on him.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger gr said...

whoa, what? i'm not even going to look at that major league a-hole's blog after the ridiculous exchange i had with him a while back -- i haven't clicked to there since then. but, what did he say about you and i? sorry it took so long to hop over to your neck of the woods here. seeing as how we both live in arlington va, i have no excuse (yuck yuck).

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Tom G said...

I rarely went to that site, and now that I see this, I won't be back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home