Thursday, May 25, 2006

Why our current losing streak isn't worrying me

yet, anyway. While we've gone 1-7 over the last 8 games, we've only been outscored by 6 runs. In pythag terms, we should have won about 3 1/2 games over the past 8. This while playing Milwalkee, Boston, and NY Mets, three teams which, according to BP's Adjusted Standings, rank as the best, second best, and best in their divisions, respectively.

No, the current losing streak doesn't overly concern me. Manuel's handling of the bullpen, that concerns me. Jimmy Rollin's lack of OBA, that concerns me. Cole Hamels arm, that concerns me. The Phillies' defense, that concerns me. These four things will determine the outcome of the season far more than the past eight games.

3 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Tom Goodman said...

To summarize your post, PK, you aren't going to worry about the past, just the future. Welcome aboard.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Oisín/Wizlah said...

I agree PK. We win tonight, we're four games out of first against a formidable hitting team with a whole host of pitching problems (sound familiar?). I'll take that so long as we're like this by July.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger gr said...

unfortunately, we're now tied with the formerly left-for-dead braves at 5 out. remember a few weeks ago when they looked dead in the water?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home